Thursday, April 12, 2012

Alexis' Graduation Dress

My good friend Alexis recently asked me if I would be willing to assist her in making a rather complex graduation dress.  I of course excepted her request- how could I refuse such a challenge?!

The dress features hot pink glittery satin, with hot pink lace over the top.  The satin starts with a sweetheart neckline but the lace continues up.  The sleeves are also see through and made of the lace.  The back has a heart shaped cut out with the lace continuing over it.  The difficulty was the zipper, in the side of the dress starting in the armpit.  The heart was also tedious and carefully calculated.

These are unfinished photos of the darling dress.  This is what we do every day in after school textiles class!



No comments:

Post a Comment